For Short-Term Visitors

To find whether or not you need a visa to visit Japan, please check the Ministry of Foreign Affair (MOFA)website . If you need a Japan visa, ask your host professor to prepare necessary documents for you. Informaition on documentation requiremints and visa application procedures is available here.
For deatails on the on-campus guesthouse and nearby hotels, check the website of Accommodation Guide.
Directions to ISSP
For directions to ISSP, please click here.
Where to Eat on Campus
(1) Cafeteria (Right in front of the ISSP building)

Weekdays 11:30-20:00

Saturdays 11:30-13:30

Sundays and holidays Closed

(2) Plaza Ikoi (In addition to offering regular menu items, this cafeteria has a sell-by-weight food bar named "Gram Deli.")


   Drink bar: 11:30-20:00

   Gram Deli: 11:30-14:30

   Noodles and other dishes 11:30-14:00// 17:00-20:00

   Lunch 11:30-14:00

   Dinner 17:00-20:00


   Drink bar & Gram Deli: 11:30-14:00

Sundays and holidays: Closed

(3) Co-op Food Shop & Cafe (The food shop sells boxed meals, rice balls, sandwiches, snacks, etc. The cafe offers sandwiches, cakes, and a variety of drinks.)

Food Shop Weekdays 10:00-19:00

Cafe Weekdays 12:00-17:30

(Weekends & holidays: Closed)

(4) Sushi Restaurant "Hama" (Near the AORI building)

Weekdays 11:30-15:00// 17:00-21:30

Sundays 11:30-14:00

(Sundays & Holidays Closed)

Useful information for your campus life is available on the website of the Kashiwa Internationl Office


>>・Orientation Guidebook on Kashiwa Campus, The University of Tokyo

>>・Dining and other facilities on Kashiwa Campus

>>・Handbook of Kashiwa Campus Life(PDF)

>>・Japan National Tourist Organization

>>・Train Route Finder