The MG-XVI conference will take place between September 25-29, 2018 at
the UTokyo Kashiwa Campus, near Tokyo, Japan. We are very pleased to welcome
scientists and engineers from over the world to this really special conference.
As it is well-known, the first Megagauss conference was held at Frascati,
Italy in 1965 and, after a gap of fourteen years, it continued uninterrupted
for almost four decades, mainly organised in the U.S.A. or Russia (USSR)
but there were some exceptions: Berlin, Germany in 2004 , London, UK in
2006, Suzhou, China in 2010 and the last one in Estoril, Portugal in 2016.
As usual for all the Megagauss conferences, the MG XVI conference will
serve as a platform for scientists to exchange information and ideas among
the members of the international scientific community in the domain of
generation and application of ultra-high magnetic fields, high-energy and
high-current pulsed power physics and technology, magnetic-flux compression
technologies for the production of multi-megagauss fields, high magnetic
field applications in basic and applied research in solid-state physics,
atomic physics and chemistry, high energy density physics, and for other
related and novel technical applications. The MG XVI conference encourages
opportunities for a strong interaction and networking among experienced
and young scientists, engineers, and students involved in this extremely
interesting and unique research area.
• Ultrahigh Magnetic Field Generation
• Non-Destructive Production of Pulsed, High Magnetic Fields
• Explosively Driven Magnetic Flux Compression Generators and High Current
• High-Current, High-Power Switching and Power Conditioning
• High-Energy Liners
• Science and technology in Ultrahigh Magnetic Fields
• Mathematical Modeling and Simulation
• Diagnostics and Experimental Techniques
• Experiments for High-Energy Density Physics
• Application of Pulsed High Magnetic Field to Solid-State Physics
• Related Topics
Conference home page has been open since September.
Abstract submisssion deadline is extended!
Online registration starting: March 1st Abstract submissionopening: March 1st
Abstract submission deadline: April 30th May 16th May 28th
Abstract notification of acceptance: Middle of June
Early bird registration deadline: July 15th
MG-XVI Conference: September 25th-29th